"Fall Into Reading" Portfolio
- Crayola® Markers
- Aleene's "Tacky" Glue®
- Construction Paper
- Container of Water
- School Folder
- Real Leaves
- Foam Paint Brush
- Flat Paper Stickers of Choice
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Pure Orange
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Yellow Light
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Soft Apple
- Fine Motor
- Trim a piece of construction paper to the size of the folder.
- Teachers, using a pencil, help write "Fall into Reading" on the construction paper and then go over it with markers.
- Using a foam paint brush, place a pea-sized amount of paint on the back of a leaf.
- Make a print of the leaf by pressing it painted side down onto the construction paper. Repeat as desired.
- Decorate any remaining space with stickers. Or cut fall-themed shapes out of the felt and glue onto the paper. ***Tip: Use bigger embellishments first then fill in with the smaller ones.
- Glue the entire finished piece to the cover of the folder.
Adult supervision is required at all times.