"The Best Thing" Wall Hanging
- Hampton Art™ Stamps – The Best Thing is Each Other and Harlequin Background
- Clearsnap® ColorBox® Archival Dye Ink – Wicked
- Clearsnap® ColorBox® Pigment Ink – Frosted White
- Hampton Art™ Stamps Basics Embossing Powder – Clear
- 7gypsies® Vertical Plaque, 5"x7" – Naked Book
- Recollections™ Signature Special Printed Paper – Canvas
- Cardstock – Black
- 7gypsies® Designer Paper Gypsy Packs, 8x8" – Lille
- Canvas Corp. Twine
- 7gypsies® Velvet Flowers – Ruby Red/White
- Spray Mist – Tattered Angels, Glimmer Mist, Almost Black, Cork, Kiwi and Rouge
- Spellbinders™ Die Cut Templates – Bitty Blossoms, Grand Peony Creations and Rose Creations
- Paper Trimmer
- Craft Mat
- Heat Tool
- Hole Punch
- Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur™ Die Cutting System
- Tape Runner
- Glue – White
- Strong Double-stick Tape
Step 1 Remove the front cover from the 7gypsies® 5"x7" Vertical Naked Book to be used for our plaque. Set the other pages aside for a future project.
Step 2 Using various colors of spray mists, spray a sheet of printed canvas. Allow to dry.
Step 3 Using a strong adhesive, attach the canvas to the plaque. Wrap to the back and attach. Using the book cover as a guide, punch new holes into the canvas.
Step 4 Edge the canvas with black pigment ink. Allow to dry.
Step 5 Trim designer paper to 5"x7" and attach to the back of the plaque.
Step 6 Using Frosted White pigment ink, stamp the Harlequin Background image onto the upper left corner of the canvas. Allow to dry.
Step 7 Stamp the Harlequin Background again onto black cardstock with Frosted White pigment ink. Allow to dry, then cut out with sharp scissors. Glue to the lower left corner of the canvas.
Step 8 Stamp the "best thing" sentiment onto canvas paper with black pigment ink. Emboss with clear embossing powder. The embossing powder will be absorbed into the canvas -- however, this will "set" the ink. Trim the image and mat with black cardstock.
Step 9 Attach the image to the lower right of the canvas as shown.
Step 10 Using various papers from one of the Gypsy Packs, cut out flowers using a die cutting system and templates. (Spellbinders™ Bitty Blossoms, Grand Peony Creations, Rose Creations.)
Step 11 Lightly mist the flowers with spray mists and allow to dry.
Step 12 Using Rouge and Almost Black mists, change the color of the 7gypsies® ruby and white velvet flowers.
Step 13 Assemble a flower as shown, using strong, white glue to attach them. Glue the flower to the left edge of the stamped sentiment. (Note, you may use a pre-made dimensional flower if you choose.)
Step 14 Tie a length of heavy twine through the holes at the top of the canvas to create a wall hanging.