Homecoming Queen’ Double Mum <br/>Silver & White for Seniors
- To make 20 double points
- 1½-inch white ribbon, 2 yards, Cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1-inch Metallic Silver Ribbon, 2 yards, Cut into 4-inch pieces
- Oval Cardboard Backers for Double Mums,3
- Mum flowers, White, 2
- White Ribbon, 1½-inch, 6-inch piece for Mum Hanger
- For basic double backing streamers
- Ribbon,1½-inch wide, White, 16 yards cut into 2 yard pieces
- Ribbon,1½-inch wide, Silver, 16 yards cut into 2 yard pieces
- Streamers and Garlands, 1 yard each piece
- Ribbons, Wide Silver Mesh, 1
- Assorted Silver Garlands, 4
- Assorted Silver and White Streamers, Printed, Textured, Different Widths, About 6 Several Clear Printed Streamers, Silver or White, about 6
- Metallic Ribbon, 1/8-inch (to hang whistle), 1 yard
- Military Braid, Silver and White, 1
- Feather boa, White, 1
- Plastic trinkets or embellishments
- Silver Megaphone, 1
- 2½-inch Band Whistle, Silver, 1
- Silver/White Homecoming’ Arch, 1
- Silver/White Senior’ Star, 1
- 4-inch Silver Tassel, 1
- For top of flower
- Plush 3-inch White Bear Head, 1
- 3-inch Silver Good Luck’ Horseshoe, 1
- Silver Glitter Star Spray, 2
- Silver Lil’s Sweetheart’, 1
- Silver/White Homecoming’ Arch
- 6-inch Silver Mini Pom-Poms, 3
- Rhinestone Heart Crystal Picks, 2
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue
Make about 20 double points.
Layer white 1½-inch ribbon pieces with 1-inch silver ribbon pieces down center of each. Staple each point twice to secure, and staple to oval cardboard backer, spacing evenly around the backer.
Prepare flowers, and attach to the backing piece with the points.
Make another backing piece with basic double-backing streamers in white and silver.
Take 1 piece of each color of the 2-yard ribbons, lay one on top of the other and fold in half so that the right side of the ribbon still shows on both sides (the top will make a point). Then staple the point onto another circle cardboard backer in 2 rows of 4 double streamers, overlapping slightly.
Add the following with staples or hot glue:
Wide silver mesh ribbons
Assorted silver garlands
Assorted silver and white streamers - printed, textured, different widths
Several clear streamers printed in either silver or white
1/8-inch metallic ribbon (to hang whistle)
Silver and white military braid
White feather boa (cut in half)
Hot glue or tie the following embellishments as shown:
2½-inch silver band whistle (tie to the end of the 1/8-inch of metallic silver ribbon)
Silver/White Senior’ star
4-inch silver tassel (attach to the end of the military braid)
Hot glue on top of flower as shown:
3-inch Plush White Bear head, 1
3-inch silver Good Luck’ horseshoe, 1
Silver glitter star spray, 2
Silver Lil’s sweetheart’, 1
Silver/White Homecoming’ Arch
6-inch Silver mini pom-poms
Rhinestone Heart Crystal Picks
Make a white hanger loop with a 6-inch piece of 1½ inch White Ribbon. Staple it well to the top of the backing circle with the streamers.
Use the hot glue gun to attach the backing with the streamers to the backing with the flower/points.
To finish, use the hot glue gun to attach the 3rd backing circle to the back of the backer with the streamers.
TipsStart with a plan. Lay out and piece mum together on a flat surface. It’s easier to reposition items when they are not glued down yet.