I love Band’ Triple Mum in Green & Black With Boa
- To make 20 points: 10 green and 10 black
- 1½-inch black ribbon, 4 yards cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 green ribbon, 4 yards cut into 4-inch pieces
- Backing for Triple Mums, 3
- White Mum, 3-inch x 9-layer, 7
- White and Green Mum, 6½-inch x 15-layer, 1
- Green Ribbon (Mum Hanger), 1-inch wide, 6-inch piece, 1
- For basic double backing streamers:
- Ribbon, Black, 1½-inch wide, 20 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces
- Ribbon, Green, 1-inch wide, 20 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces, 10
- Ribbon, White, ½-inch wide, 20 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces, 10
- Streamers and garlands - 1 yard each piece:
- Ribbons, Silver Mesh, Wide, 2
- Garlands, Silver, Assorted, 4-6
- Streamers, Green and Black, Assorted - printed, textured, different widths, Approximately 6
- Streamers, Clear, Assorted - printed in either Silver, Green, or Black, Approximately 6
- Diamond Back Chain, Green and White, 2
- Feather Boa, Black (cut in half), 1
- To make Loop Ribbon:
- Ribbon, Black, 1½-inch, 4 yards, 1-yard piece, 1
- Ribbon, Black, 1½-inch, 4 yards, 6-inch pieces, 15
- Plastic trinkets or embellishments:
- Go Team’ Horseshoe Charm, Green/White, 1
- Plush Bear, White, 4-inch, 1
- Keepsake Domed Heart, Green/white, 1
- Band Charm, Green/White, 1
- Charm, Homecoming Ticket’, 1
- Sports Whistle, Silver, 1½-inch, 1
- Cheerleader Pom-Poms, Silver Mini, 2
- Mini Star Garland, Green Foil, 1
- Instruments Charm, Silver,1
- Glittered Musical Notes Stickers, Silver, 2
- Glittered Homecoming Strip, Pegable, Silver, 1
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue
Make about 20 points: 10 green and 10 black
Layer black 1½-inch ribbon with pieces with 1-inch green ribbon pieces down center of each. Staple each point twice to secure and staple to cardboard triple backing, spacing evenly around the backer.
Prepare flowers and attach to the backing piece with the points. Place the green and white mum in the center and the other seven mums surrounding it.
Make another backing piece with basic triple backing streamers in green, black, and white. Take 1 piece of each color of the 2-yard ribbons, lay one on top of the other and fold in half so that the right side of the ribbon still shows on both sides (the top will make a point). Then staple the point onto another cardboard triple backing in 2 rows of 4 double streamers, overlapping slightly.
Add the following with staples or hot glue:
Wide Silver Mesh Ribbons
Assorted Silver Garlands
Assorted Green and Black Streamers - printed, textured, different widths
Several Clear Streamers - printed in either silver, green, or black
Green and White Diamondback Chain
Black Feather Boa (cut in half)
To make loop ribbon:
Take the 6-inch pieces of black ribbon and staple the ends of each piece together to create a loop. Then take the loops and staple them on to the one yard piece of black ribbon, starting from the bottom. Overlap the loops slightly until you reach the top. Keep in mind the number of loops you will need, depending on what you decide to spell out. Attach to the center of the ribbon backer.
Hot glue or stick the following embellishments as shown on to loop ribbon:
Green/White Go Team’ Horseshoe Charm
Silver Glittered Musical Notes Sticker
Silver Glittered pegable Homecoming strip
Hot glue on top of flower as shown:
Plush 4-inch White Teddy Bear
Green/white keepsake Domed Heart
Green/white Band Charm
Homecoming Ticket’ Charm
Silver 1½-inch Sports Whistle
Silver Mini Cheerleader Pom-Poms
Green Foil Mini Star Garland
Silver Instruments Charm
Make a white hanger loop with a 6-inch piece of 1-inch green ribbon. Staple it well to the top of the backing circle with the streamers.
Using hot glue gun, attach the backing with the streamers to the backing with the flower/points. Hot glue the 3rd triple backer to the back of that to finish.
TipsStart with a plan. Lay out and piece mum together on a flat surface. It’s easier to reposition items when they are not glued down yet.
Use the low setting on your glue gun to avoid burning your fingers.