3 Hearts Card
This card, perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other sentimental occasion, is easy to personalize with scrapbook paper. Buttons, ribbons and yarn give it texture that makes you want to touch and hold!
Designed by Helen Slabodukh for Blumenthal Lansing Co.
- Favorite Findings™ Big Bag of Buttons (Hearts)
- Cardstock (6 ½” x 10” in color to coordinate with scrapbook paper)
- Scrapbook Paper (4 coordinating sheets)
- Vellum (1 sheet)
- Tulle (2” x 12” length in your choice of color)
- Satin Ribbon (6” of 1/8” wide in of your choice of color)
- Fuzzy Yarn (two 6” lengths in your choice of color)
- Pop Dots
- Round Hole Punch
- Paper Adhesive (of choice)
- White Craft Glue
Fold cardstock in half.
Measure, cut and glue a 6 ½” x 5” piece of scrapbook paper to front of cardstock.
Measure and cut the following paper pieces, colors of your choice:
- 6 ½” x 2 ½”
- two 2” squares
- 1 ½” square
- vellum: 2 - 2” x 1 ½”
- vellum: 1 ½” x 1”
Adhere paper and vellum pieces to front of card as shown. Use pop dots to attach center square.
Tie ribbon through buttonholes of one button, making a bow on top. Trim ribbon ends. Tie yarn through two more buttons, knotting on top. Trim yarn ends. Using white glue, adhere buttons to card as shown.
Punch two holes at center top of card. String tulle through, tie bow, trim ends.