45 Minute Cowl (Crochet)
- Lion Brand® Amazing® (Art. #825) Yarn – Aurora (1 Ball) or Color of Choice
- Lion Brand® Crochet Hook, Size Q-19 (15mm)
- Lion Brand® Large-eyed Blunt Needle
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to match the gauge, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
The Cowl is worked with 2 strands of yarn held together. Use the yarn tail from the outside of the yarn ball held together with the yarn tail from the inside center of the ball.
Beginning Row: Make a single crochet in the 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across – total of 37 single crochet at the end of this row. Slip stitch into the first single crochet (at the beginning of the row) to join into a ring.
1. Beginning with the next round, you will be working in joined rounds. Do not turn at the end of each round.
2. The beginning chains do not count as stitches, they are only used to raise the work to the correct level to work the stitches.
3. Always work a stitch into every double or single crochet of the previous round. Do not work into the joining slip stitch.
4. Count your stitches after each round! If you don’t have 37 stitches, check each stitch around to see where you missed a stitch or did an extra stitch. Then, just unravel your stitches back to that point to finish the round correctly.
Round 1: Chain 3, double crochet in each stitch around; join with a slip stitch in top of beginning chain-3.
Round 2: Chain 1, single crochet in each stitch around; join with a slip stitch in first single crochet.
Rounds 3-8: Repeat Rounds 1 and 2 three more times.
Weave in ends.