4th of July Banner
Decorate your home or picnic area with this patriotic red, white, and blue banner created with Inkadinkado® clear stamps, cardstock, and embellishments.
Designed by Heather Garl, courtesy of Inkadinkado®.
- Inkadinkado® Cartoon Alphabet Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Mod Numbers Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Funhouse Alphabet Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Good News Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- Pigment Ink - Royal Blue, Red & Light Brown
- Recollections® Kraft Cardstock
- Recollections® Primary Cardstock Collection
- Recollections® White Cardstock Collection
- EK Success® Jolee's® God Bless America Stickers
- EK Success® 3" Circle Scallop Nesting Punch
- EK Success® Postage Stamp Edger Punch
- EK Success® 3D Dots - Adheasive Foam 1/8" Squares
- EK Success® Coloriser® Heat Tool
- Buttons - Big Bag by Blumental Lansing
- Celebrate It™ 3/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon with White Edge
- Celebrate It™ 3/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon
- Celebrate It™ 3/8" Blue Grosgrain Ribbon with White Polka Dots
- Celebrate It™ 3/8" Blue Grosgrain Ribbon
- Celebrate It™ 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon
- Celebrate It™ 1 1/2" Blue Sheer Ribbon
- Jewelry Essentials™ Naturals 2mm 3-Ply Jute
- Circle Cutter
- Hole Punch
Cut seven triangle shapes (approximately 7-1/2 inches high by 6-1/2 inches wide) from Kraft cardstock. Holding each triangle with the 6-1/2 inch edge at the top, punch a hole on either side and thread jute and blue sheer ribbon through the holes to join the triangles together.
To create the ribbon border on the second triangle, cut 3-inch lengths from red, white, and blue grosgrain ribbons. Fold each piece in half and glue the ends to the back of the triangle.
Cut seven 2-inch circles from white cardstock. Stamp stars, 4th, “of” with stars, J, U, L, and Y on the circles with red and royal blue ink. Tint the edges of all the circles with light brown ink. Stamp “HAPPY” with red and blue ink on Kraft paper and trim around the word.
Punch seven scallop circles from red and blue cardstock. Glue the white circles to the scallop circles. Use foam adhesive to attach “HAPPY” to the stars circle.
To create the dimensional circles from red and blue cardstock, cut two 2-inch x 11-inch strips. Fold both strips in an accordion style. Glue the ends of the strips together to form a circle. Cut a circle from scrap cardstock and glue to the back of the folded strips to create a base. Adhere opposite color behind each of the scallop layers.
Glue the circles to the banner.
Stamp “God Bless You” on red cardstock with royal blue ink. Trim to form a rectangle and punch the edges with the postage stamp punch. Cut a larger rectangle from white cardstock and punch the edges in the same way. Tint the edges with light brown ink. Attach the “God Bless You” image to the white rectangle with foam adhesive. Glue to one of the triangles.
Add buttons and dimensional stickers as desired.