A Dog of Many Colors Canvas
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint - Bright Yellow
- Paint Brush
- 3M® Masking Tape
- Printable Pattern
- Decide on eight colors desired for painting. Four are will be background colors and the other four will be used in painting the dogs, or any other desired design.
- Use a pencil and lightly draw lines, dividing canvas into four equal parts, as shown.
- Print or create your pattern and cut out. Trace lightly onto canvas; be sure to place the same image in the exact location in each square.
- Tape the squares with masking tape, following lines drawn in Step 2, and paint the background, leaving the design untouched. Paint one square at a time and let each dry completely before moving to the next square. Remove tape once all are dried.
- With your paintbrush, slowly outline the design in each square and then fill in with white paint. Let dry.
- Once white is dry, go back and paint the planned color over the white in each square. Let dry.
- More than one coat of color may be needed.
Use any pattern found online, in clip art or get creative with your own design!