A Passion for Petit Fours
- Favorite Cake Recipe or Mix
- Wilton® Candy Melts® – White and Light Cocoa
- Wilton® Sheet Pan, 9"x13"
- Wilton® Cooling Grid, 10"x16"
- Wilton® Plastic Nesting Cutter 6-Pc.Set – Hearts
- Wilton® Spatula, 9"
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags, 12"
- Wilton® Rectangle Cake Board, 10"x14"
- Wilton® Patterned Hearts Icing Decorations
- Waxed Paper
- Paring Knife
To make heart-shaped petit fours: Bake and cool cake following recipe. Use smallest heart cutter from set to imprint heart into cake. Use paring knife to cut out heart.
To seal bottom of cakes: Melt light cocoa and white Candy Melts® candy separately, according to package directions. Use spatula to ice bottoms of cake with candy. Chill until firm.
To cover cakes with candy: Place hearts on cooling grid positioned over waxed paper. Use a cut disposable decorating bag and melted candy to cover tops and sides of cake. Gently tap cooling grid on solid, flat surface to cover completely. Use spatula to transfer cakes to waxed paper-covered cake board. Chill until firm.
To add icing decorations: use a cut disposable bag and melted candy to attach icing decorations.