Abraham Lincoln Mask
- Paper Plate
- Creatology™ Foam Sheet - Black
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Americana® Acrylic Paint - Black
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint - Black
- Paint Brush
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Paper Towels
- Glue Gun (Adult Use Only)
- Poke pencil through center of paper plate. Insert scissors into hole and cut out center circle of plate. Discard piece.
- Gently flatten paper plate on work surface. Paint plate black and allow to dry.
- Wrap yarn end around plate and knot in place. Continue wrapping until 2/3 of the ring is covered. Cut excess yarn and tie off end on backside of plate. Set aside.
- Cut two black foam rectangles for hat: 12" x 6½" and 2" x 10". Glue rectangles together to form hat. Allow to dry. See photo for details. Set aside.
- Cut an 11½" x 6" rectangle of cardboard. Glue to backside of hat.
- Cut a 6" piece of black yarn, and fold to form loops for hair. Have teacher or adult hot glue hat to plate ring with yarn loops between the layers. See photo for details.
- Cut a 1½" x 8" strip of cardboard and glue craft sticks to cover. Start at one end of strip, and overlap them to cover handle.
- Glue four additional jumbo craft sticks to backside of mask to strengthen, if necessary.
- Adult Only: Hot glue to backside of mask.