Aleene's® Layered Ombré Canvases
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue™
- Aleene's® Tacky Double-Stick Sheets*
- Canvases, Stretched – Assorted Shapes and Sizes
- Embellishments – Assorted Styles of Choice
- Acrylic Paint – White and Colors of Choice
- Paintbrush – ½" Shader or Larger
- Paper Plate
- Scrapbook Paper
- Die Cutting Machine*
- Die Template(s)* – Alphabet
- *Disregard material(s) if using pre-cut self-adhesive lettering
Step 1 Select canvases in desired shapes and sizes.
Step 2 Pour acrylic paint color in puddle on paper plate. Pour matching puddle of white onto plate.
Step 3 At bottom of canvas, paint solid pink color. Keep your paint very wet on the canvas.
Step 4 Do not wash brush. Dip into white paint and mix together to create a lighter shade of pink.
Step 5 Brush onto canvas overlapping where you left off with first color. Continue to stroke colors to blend with brush.
Step 6 Continue to move up your canvas, dipping your brush in more white paint each time and blending the edges of the colors to create the ombre effect. Let canvas dry.
Step 7 Decorate smaller canvas(es) with desired embellishments. Let dry. Apply Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue(R) to back of canvas with brush or finger. Be careful not to apply too much glue as you do not want it to ooze from behind the canvas. Glue in place on background canvas.
Step 8 If you are creating your own lettering, apply Aleene's® Tacky Double Stick Sheets to the back of scrapbook paper. Run sheets through die cutting machine to create the personalized lettering.
Step 9 Peel backing sheet from adhesive and place the lettering in place on the canvas.