Alluring Midnight Necklace
Beautiful Victorian sliders make amazing jewelry pieces. Create your own today.
Designed by Denise Yezbak Moore.
- Vintage Victorian Style Oval Slider – Gunmetal *Slider*
- Vintage Victorian Style Rectangle Slider – Gunmetal *Slider Two*
- Glass Faceted Rondelle Iris, 3x4mm – Sapphire (170) *Iris*
- Glass Faceted Round, 3mm – Jet (114) *Jet round*
- Glass Faceted Rondelle, 3x4mm – Jet (4) *Jet rondelle*
- Glass Beads Iris Faceted, 10x14mm – Sapphire (2) *Large Iris*
- Box Clasp – Rhinestone
- Jump Rings, 5mm – Gunmetal (16)
- Jump Rings, 3mm – Gunmetal (4)
- Wire, 26 ga. – Gunmetal (110)
- Head Pins, 2" – Gunmetal
- Flush Cutters
- Chain Nose Pliers (2)
- Round Nose Pliers
Bend 5" of 26 ga. wire in half, string scroll end of oval slider. String iris and form a partial loop. Connect loop to rectangular slider and complete loop. Repeat on other side.
Using 2" head pin, string other side of oval slider. String jet rondelle and form a simple loop. Repeat on other side. Using 2" head pin, string jet round, large iris, jet rondelle and form a simple loop. Connect one dangle to each side of bottom slider.
Link one – Using 2½" of 26 ga. wire form a wrapped loop. String iris, jet round, iris, jet round, iris, jet round and iris; complete wrapped loop. Repeat 27 times. Set aside.
Link two – Using 2½" of 26 ga. wire, form a wrapped loop. String two irises, two jet rounds and two irises; form a wrapped loop. Repeat 13 times. Set aside.
Using 5mm jump ring, string link one, link two, link; close jump ring.
Using 5mm jump ring string the other side of links. Move links over on the ring and string link one, link two, link one; close jump ring. Repeat five times.
Repeat last two steps one time.
Connection of Necklace:
The box clasp has three holes on each side. Using flush cutters trim holes on each side of center hole. Repeat on other side.
Using 3mm jump ring attach one end of chain to right side of centerpiece. Using 3mm jump ring attach box clasp to the other end of chain. Repeat one time on other side of necklace.