Altered Canvas Fairy Clock
- Canvas 12-inches x 12-inches
- Print, 8-inches x 10-inches, your choice
- Liquitex® Gel Medium
- Liquitex® Artist Colors, your choice, we used: Red Oxide, Iridescent Gold, Burnt Umber
- Liquitex® Extender
- Duncan® Anita’s Fragile Crackle™
- Delta Background Stencil, Scroll
- Clock Movement, ¼ -inch
- Embellishments, your choice
- Sponge Brush
- Medium Stencil Brush
- Spray Bottle of Water
- Disposable Plate
- Paper Towels
Spray print with water front and back, allowing water to penetrate paper. Tear edges to desired size.
Apply gel medium to canvas, place print, apply gel medium over print, let dry.
Using Red Oxide and sponge brush, apply paint randomly to uncovered part of canvas and edges.
Follow package directions to apply Fragile Crackle to entire canvas including edges.
Apply equal parts of Extender and Burnt Umber over entire canvas. Use paper towel to remove desired amounts of paint leaving antiqued look. Randomly stencil gold paint where desired. Let Dry.
Assemble clock and place where desired. Use gel medium to place embellishments, making sure they will not interfere with clock hands.