Altered Shadow Box
Use this as an addition to your child’s room or to display your favorite picture of your grandchildren in your house.
Designed by Kathy Dobson courtesy of DCWV.
- DCWV® Paper Stack, 12"x12" – Cherry Limeade
- Unfinished Shadow Box
- Craft Paint – Light Ivory
- Prima® Flowers -- Fuchsia
- Photo Mat
- Photo Mat Double, 8'x10"/5"x7" – Black Black
- Photo Mat Double, 11"x14"/5"x7" – White Black
- Foam Brush, 1"
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Paper Crafting Adhesive
- Foam Squares
- Paper Trimmer, 12"
Paint the entire shadow box (top, inside, and outside edges) with the light ivory craft paint.
Cut paper to size and cover outside of shadow box with green paper.
Cover mats with coordinating papers, ensuring that the paper only covers the top edge, leaving the inside edge as is.
Place photo in center of the largest mat and adhere both of these to the inside, back of the box.
Layer mats in box, leaving space between mats, using adhesive foam squares as needed for spacing. Hot glue mats to the sides as you finish.
Embellish the top and inside of the frame with flowers.