Altered Snap Necklace
Mix a variety of items such as trinket pins - inspired by vintage locker pins, sprocket gears - to add a mechanical feel to your project and bingo markers for a stylish piece that will get you noticed.
Designed by the Michaels Design Studio.
- Tim Holtz® Trinket Pins
- Tim Holtz® Sprocket Gears
- Tim Holtz® Bingo Markers
- Bead Landing™ Chain – Black
- Sewing Basket Sew-on Snaps (2 Pkg) – Black
- Assorted Charms
- Jewelry Essentials™ Head Pins – Black
- Sewing Basket Safety Pins, Small – Black
- Jewelry Essentials™ Toggle – Black
- Assorted Beads
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Jewelry Essentials™ Jump Rings – Black
- Drill, Small
Remove snaps from card and snap back together.
Attach eight snaps together with jump rings.
Cut the chain to desired length to attach at each end of snaps.
Attach chain to snaps with jump ring.
Attach each end of toggle to end of chain.
Use jump rings to attach your charms and trinkets to openings in the snaps.
To make drop beads, thread desired beads onto head pin, cut end to ¼" length, bend over to 90° angle and back around using the round nose pliers to create a loop.
Attach to snap as desired.
Drill small hole in bingo marker and attach to snap with head pin.