DecoArt® Angel Ornament
Make a dozen of these delightful hanging angels to delight all your friends. Add sparkle with DecoArt® Craft Twinkles®, so fun!
Designed by Julie Gayle courtesy of the DecoArt® Design Team.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – French Vanilla, Snow (Titanium) White, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Flesh Tone and Coral Blush
- DecoArt® Craft Twinkles® Glitter Paint – Crystal and Gold
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics® – Splendid Gold
- Woodsies™ Shapes – XXL Hearts (2), XXL Teardrops (2), Medium Teardrops (2), Large Circle (1), Small Circles (2), Large Oval (1), Small Ovals (2) and Small Stars (10)
- Permanent Marker, Extra Fine – Black
- Paintbrush – ½" Flat Brush
- Emery Board
- Water Container
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towel
- Ribbon, Narrow – Gold (6")
- Wire (8")
Paint the wood pieces as shown in the photo.
Let dry, then re-paint the front of the large oval with Splendid Gold Metallic, the white pieces with Crystal Craft Twinkles® and the stars with Gold Craft Twinkles® paint.
Paint the hair French Vanilla on the large circle (head).
Using the end of a paint brush handle make two Coral Blush dots for cheeks and two Black dots for eyes. Let dry.
Use a toothpick to make small white dots on the eyes and cheeks. Draw the mouth with a marker.
Refer to photograph, then glue the wood pieces together. Glue the hearts (wings) and the small ovals (feet) onto the back of one large teardrop.
Glue the second large teardrop over the top. The wings and feet will be sandwiched between the two teardrops.
Glue the head at the top of the teardrop body, then glue the gold oval behind the head at the top for the halo.
Glue the smaller teardrops (arms) to the front then glue one small circle behind the end of each arm for hands.
Curve the wire, then glue two stars together on either side of the wire, sandwiching the wire between. Glue the ends of the wire to the back of the angel wings.
Glue the remaining two stars to the front of the wings.