Art is Life Journal
Work smaller areas to prevent “bubbling” and use your fingers to smooth as you go.
Project idea courtesy of Michaels Design Studio.
- Strathmore® Visual Journal
- Liquitex® Gel Medium
- Scrapbook Paper
- Liquitex® Gesso - Black
- Liquitex® Acrylic Paints - Colors of Choice
- Charcoal Pencils (Optional)
- Paintbrushes - Assorted
- Palette Paper
- Embellishments - Gems, Glitter Glue, Etc. (Optional)
- Leather Cord - Coordinating Color
- Ribbon - Coordinating Color(s) of Choice
Paint the entire cover of journal with lack gesso. Let dry.
Cut and arrange scrapbook paper. Coat journal cover with gel medium and attach paper. Apply another coat over paper once attached. Let dry.
Use paint to further decorate or personalize your journal. If desired, use charcoal pencil to boldly outline designs in papers, or to freehand draw onto journal.
Optional: Embellish as desired.
Punch a hole on the front and back of journal, using Crop-a-dile™, as shown. Slip knot leather cord through holes and tie for a closure.
Tie more leather cords and ribbons on the spine and tie charms to the ends.