Assemblage Art Doll
Designed by Emma Parrott
- Sophisticated Finishes Blackened Bronze Metallic Surfacer
- Sophisticated Finishes Gold Metallic Surfacer
- Sophisticated Finishes Copper Metallic Surfacer
- Paper Mache Mannequin
- Paper Mache Box, Oval
- Scrap Paper (for stamping designs)
- Wooden Plaque, 4 x 4-inch
- Wooden Dowel½ x 12-inches
- Wood Glue
- Hot Glue and Glue Sticks
- Inkadinkado® Rubber Stamps, Paris
- Inkadinkado® Rubber Stamps, Words
- Hampton Art Stamps®, Woman Collage
- Hampton Art Stamps®, Paris Moments
- Embossing Powder, Chocolate
- Embossing Ink Pad
- Mod Podge
- Foam Paintbrush, 1-inch
- Flat Paintbrush
- Paper Towels
- Paper (to protect work surface)
- Heat Embossing Tool
- Embossing Pen
Drill hole into top center of wooden plaque large enough for dowel rod to fit into. Fill hole with wood glue, then use hammer to pound one end of dowel into hole.
Use X-acto knife to carefully cut out a hole in center on bottom end and top end of paper mache figure, and side of paper mache box. Glue lid onto box. Insert dowel up through bottom hole and extend through top hole in figure. Hot glue dowel in place and insert into final hole in box. Glue in place.
Use brush to apply Gold to all surfaces. Allow to dry.
Use clear embossing ink pad to stamp design onto paper. Sprinkle with brown embossing powder and emboss design with heat embossing tool. Repeat with remaining stamps, leaving room between stamped designs to be able to tear paper around each design.
Tear designs apart and set aside.
Working in one area at a time, apply a coat of Mod Podge to surface and lay down torn paper design. Apply another coat of Mod Podge to seal and adhere in place. Continue working until figure and box has desired decoupage look. Allow pieces to dry.
Use Blackened Bronze to add dark highlights to all surfaces. Allow to dry. Use dry brush technique to apply Copper for light effects. Allow to dry.
Sophisticated Finishes Metallic Surfacers paint combines easily with many crafting and artistic techniques. In this project, stamping and embossing creates a decoupage look on paper mache.