Autumn Placemat and Coaster
Dress up your holiday place settings with these festive place mats and coasters.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- Elmer's® Foam Board Multi-Pack, (3 per pack), 16" x 20" x 0.19"
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Glue Tape Runner
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Designer Series #11 Craft Knife (with new blade)
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Designer Series 5" Precision Tip Scissors
- 12"x12" Scrapbook Paper, Fall Leaf and Polka Dot patterns of choice
- Sticker Sheets - style of choice
- 1 Yard, 3/8" Wide Red Ribbon - color of choice
Use X-ACTO® #11 Craft Knife (with new blade) and Metal Ruler on Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut Elmer's® Foam Board into 12" x 18" for Placemat and 3 1/2" square for Coaster. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blade often.)
Use same tools to cut off 3" x 12" strip from scrapbook paper making a 9" x 12" piece. Similarly cut second piece. Set aside 3" strips. Apply CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to entire surface of Foam Board Placemat. Attach 3" x 12" paper "borders" along the 12" edges.
Use X-ACTO® 5" Precision Tip Scissors to cut ribbon in two 18" lengths. Weave one ribbon in and out of holes along one edge of polka dot paper. Tie overhand knot at both ends of ribbon. Diagonally trim ends. Repeat to weave ribbon along opposite edge of polka dot paper. Use CraftBond™ Glue Tape Runner to attach to center of placemat with ribbons along sides.
For Coaster, use Craft Knife and Metal Ruler on Cutting Mat to cut 3" square from Leaf Dot paper strips. Use Glue Stick to attach paper to center of Foam Board square. (Note: Paper doesn't completely cover Foam Board, but sticker frame will.) Attach sticker frame to Coaster. Use same tools to round corners of coaster following edges of frame. Embellish with leaf stickers.