Courtesy of Plaid® Enterprises, Inc.
- Plaid® FolkArt® Enamels™, Gold
- Plaid® FolkArt® Enamels™, Frost Medium
- Plaid® FolkArt® Acrylic Paint, Thicket
- Plaid® One Stroke™ Enamels Brush Set 4150
- Plaid® One Stroke™ Paint Eraser Tool Set 368
- Plaid® FolkArt® Worksheet Pack, Scroll Work 4218
- Plaid® FolkArt® One Stroke™ Brush Caddy
- 13 - inch Belgium Glass Vase, Bittersweet Frosted
- Plastic Palette Knife
- Rubbing Alcohol
- White Chalk
- Paper Towels
- Disposable Plates
Wipe off the glass vase with rubbing alcohol on a piece of paper toweling and set aside to dry.
Review and practice strokes in Worksheet Pack Scroll Design, No. 6.
Using a ruler, draw a straight line down the center of the vase 9 - inches long with chalk to use as a guide for stroke work.
Set out paints on disposable plate for palette. Mix FolkArt® Thicket and the Frost Medium together with the palette knife.
Double-load the No. 12 flat brush with Gold and the other side with the Thicket mix. Paint in the comma strokes’ down the center top of the vase.
Continue to paint scroll design working from side to side and top of design to bottom using the No. 12 flat brush with Gold and Thicket mix. Refer to the worksheet for design and placement of strokes.
For fine detail line work, use the No. 2 liner brush. Load in Thicket mix and tip the brush in Gold.
Use Paint Erasers to lift off any paint strokes you wish to eliminate.
Refer to photo to complete project.