Baby Shadow Box
This shadow box created with clear stamp sets from Inkadinkado® is a memorable way to display your baby keepsakes.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamp Sets:
All About Borders
Baby Girl © Brenda Walton
- Inkadinkado® Large Clear Stamping Block
- StazOn® Solvent Ink: Timber Brown
- Chalk Inks: Rouge, Beige, Light Brown
- Recollections® White Cardstock
- K&Company® Snuggle Bug Designer Paper Pad (12-inch x 12-inch)
- Making Memories® Pastel Mini Flower Brads (for paper booties)
- Shadow Box (7½-inch x 7-inch)
- Folk Art® Acrylic Paint: Parchment
- EK Success® Coloriser® Heat Tool (for heat setting the chalk inks)
- Scissors: Regular, Scallop-edged
Paint the shadow box with parchment paint and allow to dry. To give distressed look, lightly tint the box with beige chalk ink.
Remove the back of the shadow box and adhere green pattern paper to the inside back. Tint the edges of the paper with light brown chalk ink.
Stamp sentiments and swirl borders on the green pattern paper with timber brown solvent ink.
Stamp the dress image with rouge chalk ink and heart images with light brown chalk ink.
Cut a strip of pink pattern paper and trim the bottom edge with the scallop-edged scissors. Cut a thin strip of white pattern paper and ink both strips with light brown chalk ink. Glue the strips to the green pattern paper.
Mat the photograph with white cardstock, then glue it to the green pattern paper.
If you choose not to use actual baby booties, create booties with a template and pattern paper. Be sure to flip the pattern to create both a left and right bootie. Add a brad to hold each bootie strap in place.
Glue booties to the green pattern paper and replace back into shadow box frame.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
If you do not wish to use actual baby booties in your shadow box, you can create some with paper as we did on our project. Templates are available on the Internet.