Backyard BBQ Invitation
Put modern style on a classic event to create this fun invitation with Inkadinkado® clear stamps and colorful pattern papers.
Designed by Heather Garl, courtesy of Inkadinkado®.
- Inkadinkado® Travel Words Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Invitations Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Mid Century Alphabet Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- StazOn® Solvent Ink - Timber Brown
- Chalk Ink - Warm Red
- K&Company™ Happy Trails 12x12 Two Sided Paper Pad
- K&Company™ Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse 12x12 Specialty Paper Pad
- The Paper Company™ Cypress Cardstock
- EK Success® 3D Dots - Adheasive Foam 1/8" Squares
- EK Success® Coloriser® Heat Tool
- Brown Sewing Thread
- Sewing Machine
Use a piece of tan cardstock to create a 4 x 8 inch side-folding card.
Cut out pattern paper to include the campfire and picnic table. Stitch the rectangle to the bottom of the card at a slight angle using the brown sewing thread and sewing machine.
Stamp the sentiment with timber brown ink above the rectangle.
Cut two more rectangles from pattern paper and stitch them to the card above the sentiment, placing them at a slight angle.
Cut a thin strip from pattern paper and trim the bottom edge to create a “bumpy” border. Glue it to the card between the two pattern rectangles.
Stamp “BBQ” on a light piece of pattern paper with timber brown ink. Trim around the image to form a rectangle. Stamp “You’re Invited” on tan cardstock with timber brown ink. Cut out each word individually in a rectangle shape. Tint the edges of all three rectangles with warm red ink. Attach them to the card; use foam adhesive for the BBQ rectangle and glue for the other two.
Cut three 1-1/2 inch circles and three 1 inch circles from pattern paper. Fold two sides toward the center.
Glue the three larger circles in the top left corner then add the smaller ones on top. Trim the excess paper that extends beyond the card edges.