Bead Landing Dapping Rivet Earrings
- Bead Landing™ Dapping Steel Bench Block
- Bead Landing™ Dapping Ball Peen Hammer, 4 oz.
- Bead Landing™ Dapping Eyelet Mix
- Bead Landing™ Dapping Metal Sheets, 28ga
- Bead Landing™ Dapping Steel Hole Punch
- Bead Landing™ Ear Wire Hook – Antique Gold
- Bead Landing™ Dapping Shears
- Safety Goggles
- Bead Landing™ Dapping Long Nose Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Jump Ring, 6mm – Silver
- Bead Landing™ Jump Ring, 4mm – Gold
- Bead Landing™ Chain Nose Pliers
Draw and cut a one-inch square from the silver tone metal blank with metal shears. Place square blank on the steel bench block and hold it with the long nose pliers, then hammer on texture using the ball striped parallel end of texture hammer.
Use the steel hole punch to create the following holes:
A. Three random holes on one corner end of textured square.
B. One hole on the opposite corner end from the existing holes.
Insert one small rivet* through the first hole on the three-hole corner of metal square.
Open one gold 6mm jump ring. Insert textured square from the hole opposite the riveted holes on blank. Close jump ring.
Connect one ear wire to the jump ring end of component from above using one 4mm gold jump ring.
Repeat to make second earring.
*To Rivet: Punch a hole that fits the diameter of eyelet in two metal blanks. Thread the eyelet through the holes in the metal. Push the metal blanks to fit tightly against the rolled edge of the eyelet. Place metal and eyelet connection on top of an anvil or hard flat surface. Hammer center punch down on the non-rolled end of eyelet to create a flare. Remove center punch then carefully hammer eyelet down with the round side of a ball-peen hammer until connection is secure.