Instructions have been updated. Designed by Jenny King for Coats & Clark®
- J & P Coats® Royale™ Crochet Thread, Art. 161, Size 20, No. 201 White or 226 Natural, 30 yards
- Susan Bates® Steelite® Crochet Hook, U.S. Size 8 [1.40mm]
- Susan Bates® Tapestry Needle, size 26 or other needle small enough to fit through holes in beads
- Seed Beads, 90g package Assorted Bright Colors or colors of your choice, 1
With needle or floss threader, string approximately ½ of a package of beads onto the ball of thread. Discard any beads that will not slide easily onto the thread.
Chain 8. Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across turn7 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first sc, * insert hook in next sc and draw lp through, push 6 beads up close to work, yo and draw through 2 lps on hookbead lp made; rep from * to last sc; sc in last sc, turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first sc [bead lp in next sc] 5 times, sc in last sc; turn
Rep Rows 3 and 4 until approximately 6½-inches from beg, end wrong side row. Fasten off. Sew short ends together to form a circle.
With wrong side facing, attach thread at seam; ch 1, work bead lp in each row end around; join with a sl st to first st. Fasten off. Rep on opposite side. Weave in ends.
beg = beginning
ch = chain
lp(s) = loop(s)
mm = millimeters
rep = repeat
sc = single crochet
sl = slip
sp(s) = space(s)
yo = yarn over
* or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
[ ] = work direction in brackets the number of times indicated
Gauge: 7 sc - ¼-inch; 12 rows = 1-inch.
CHECK YOUR GUAGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Size: Bracelet measures approximately 1-inch wide x 6½-inches around.
Note: Bracelet will stretch slightly when worn. Work a few rows more or less if necessary to fit snugly over hand before working the Edging.