Black Tie Affair
- Wilton Round Pan- 6x3 and 12x2 in. Round
- Wilton Tip 2
- Wilton Colors- Pink and Black (2)
- Wilton White Ready-to-Use Rolled Fondant- 72 oz.
- Wilton Rolling Pin
- Wilton Cut Mat
- Wilton Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Buttercream Icing
- Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts Brand Confectionery Coating- 2 packages
- Plastic Dowel Rods
- Cake Boards
- Black Satin Ribbon 2-1/4 in. wide- 3 yards
- 28-Gauge Florist Wire- 5 inches
Prepare 2-layer cakes (for 6 in, cake, bake two 2-1/2 in, layers to create a 5 in. high cake) for stacked construction.
Prepare cakes for rolled fondant.
Prepare 2 recipes of chocolate fondant and tint black. Tint remaining 24 oz. if white fondant pink.
Cover 12 in. cake with black and 6 in. cake with pink fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Pipe tip 2 cornelli lace in buttercream on 6 in. cake.
Wrap ribbon around 6 in. cake; make and position bow.
Position cake on serving plate.