Book Review Journal
Create a book review journal for a young reader using Inkadinkado® clear stamps. This is a great idea for rating and reviewing books in a unique way!
Designed by Heather Garl, courtesy of Inkadinkado®.
- Inkadinkado® Cartoon Alphabet Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Organic Fabric Flourish Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Round Frames Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Birds Cling Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Large Clear Stamping Block
- StazOn® Solvent Ink - Timber Brown
- StazOn® Solvent Ink - Forest Green
- Pigment Ink - Orange, Yellow & Blue
- Recollections® Kraft Cardstock
- Recollections® White Cardstock
- K&Company™ Snuggle Bug Designer Paper Pad
- EK Success® 3" Circle Scallop Nesting Punch
- EK Success® Postage Stamp Edger Punch
- EK Success® Circles Large Edger Punch
- EK Success® 3D Dots - Adheasive Foam 1/8" Squares
- EK Success® Coloriser® Heat Tool
- Composition Book
- Black Journaling Pen
Cover the front of the composition book with white cardstock. Stamp a circle frame image with yellow ink in the top left corner. Stamp another circle frame image with orange ink.
Cut strips from various pattern papers. Use the edger punches on some of the strips. Accent some of the strips with the journaling pen. Glue the strips randomly around the edges of the front cover.
Cut a tree trunk from Kraft cardstock. Use the alphabet set and timber brown ink to stamp the “bark” pattern on the tree trunk. Glue the tree trunk to the front cover.
Use a flourish image and forest green ink to stamp the treetop on Kraft cardstock. Cut out the treetop and attach it to the front cover with foam adhesive.
Stamp “READ” with blue ink next to the tree. Use the journaling pen to handwrite “Love to” above it.
Punch part of a scallop circle from pattern paper and glue it above the sentiment.
Stamp the bird image with blue ink above the scallop circle piece.
If desired, cover the inside of the front cover and both sides of the back cover with pattern paper.
To personalize the inside of the front cover, use the alphabet set to stamp “BOOK REVIEWS BY name.”
On the journal pages stamp rows of five stars to use for rating books. Leave space between each row so that the book title and a short review can be added.
Tailor the images and embellishments on the front cover to the reader’s favorite colors and/or interests.
If you have a child helping you with this project - please remember - the Heat Tool is for adult use only!