Botanical Dresden Cake Dome
Present your cakes and desserts in a personalized cake dome. Your guests will love the beautiful presentation! And you will love that Martha Stewart Crafts® Gloss Decoupage Finish is dishwasher safe!
Designed by Chris Williams.
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Paper Embossed Foil Trims – Botanical Dresden
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Gloss Decoupage Finish
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Brushes
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Acrylic Craft Paint, Satin – Ballet Slipper and Lake Fog
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Acrylic Craft Paint, Metallic – Green Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Spray Paint Kit – Gloss
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Patterning Tape
- Dessert Pedestals with Dome Lids – Assorted
- Scissors (or Craft Knife)
- Paper Towels
- Rubbing Alcohol
Wash domes with soap and water, and let dry. Clean with alcohol to eliminate any remaining dirt or residue. Allow to dry.
Using patterning tape, mask assorted widths horizontally around the glass dome lids. Set up spray paint kit using desired colors and Gloss Medium. Spray bands where desired on glass dome lids. Allow to dry.
Remove embossed foil trims from sheet. Trim paper supports or bridges using scissors or a craft knife.
Using the Martha Stewart Crafts® decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the surface.
Apply a second smooth, even application of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the back side of the embossed foil trim.
Apply the decoupage trim to the surface. Press foil trim onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges to remove air pockets and excess decoupage finish.
Continue adding foil trims to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
Once design is in place and smooth, allow to dry two hours.
When completely dry, brush a smooth application of Gloss Decoupage Finish over the entire surface, being sure to seal all edges of the foil trims. Allow to dry two hours.
Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry two hours.
Air dry project for 21 days to cure.