Botanical Floral Boxes
Create beautiful floral boxes using Martha Stewart Crafts® Paper Cut-Outs. They make it easy to decoupage professional-looking decorations on your craft projects.
Designed by Chris Williams.
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Paper Cut-Outs – Botanical Floral
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Matte Decoupage Finish
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Brushes
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Acrylic Craft Paint, Satin – Wedding Cake and Wet Cement Craft
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Spray Paint Kit – Satin
- Chipwood (or Paper Maché) Round Boxes – Assorted
- Scissors (or Craft Knife)
- Paper Towels
- Sandpaper, Fine Grit
- Rubbing Alcohol
Base coat surfaces with Wedding Cake Satin acrylic. Allow to dry.
Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
Using the Martha Stewart Crafts® decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of the Matte Decoupage Finish to the surface. Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the back side of the paper cut-out.
Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning the cut-out. Press and smooth from the center towards the edges of the cut-out to remove air pockets and excess finish.
Continue adding paper cut-outs to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
Once in place and smooth, allow to dry for two hours.
When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface, being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry for two hours.
Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry two hours.
Air dry project for 21 days to cure.