Boy's Applique Paper Maché Boxed Set
- Paper Maché Oval Box Set, Large
- Tim Holtz® Cardstock – Adirondack Collection
- Acrylic Paint – Yellow, Brown, Navy, Apple Green, Napa Red and Tan
- Wood Cutouts, Small – Star or Shape of Choice
- Ribbon, 5/8" – Cream or Color of Choice
- Buttons – Assorted
- Wood Alphabet, Small – Tags or Style of Choice
- Ink Pads – Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Orange
- Foam Brushes
- Sharpie® Paint Pens, Extra-fine – Black and White
- Tape Runner
- X-ACTO® Knife
- Low Heat Glue Gun
- Cricut® Die Cutting Machine (Optional)
- Cricut® Cartridges (Optional)
Step 1 Paint the box lids brown and let dry completely. Paint another coat onto the lids. Let dry.
Step 2 Choose a paint color for each box. Let dry between coats. (Two or three coats of paint may be needed.) Refer to photo.
Step 3 Choose cardstock from the Tim Holtz® Adirondack Collection to use for the appliqués.
Step 4 Choose clip art images, coloring book images, stencils or create your own to fit onto each of the boxes. You can also use a Cricut® to cut images from cardstock.
Step 5 Trace images onto cardstock. Lightly sand some of the areas on the shapes. Ink the edges with an ink pad.
Step 6 Use glue or a tape runner to assemble the appliqués. Use Sharpie® paint pens to create stitches along the edges of the shapes. Embellish with buttons and stars. You can trace and cut out one of the wood stars on cardstock.
Step 7 Attach appliqués to each box. Add stitch marks to the boxes with a Sharpie® paint pen. Refer to photo.
Step 8 Attach ribbon around the lids with a tape runner.
Step 9 Choose alpha tags to spell out a color or names of the appliqué shape. Ink the edges of the tags. Attach a small brad to each letter. Arrange and glue to the ribbon on each lid. Refer to photo.