Boy Heart Person Valentine's Day Project
Use your creativity to make your project unique!
Designed by Sulyn Industries.
- Pen (or Marker)
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Creatology™ Foam Sheet – Red (2) and White (1)*
- Creatology™ Glitter Foam Peel & Stick Sheet – Silver
- Gem, Large
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes, Large (2)
- Creatology™ Glitter Chenille Stems, 12" – Purple (2-3)
- Creatology™ Glitter Glue, 1.8 oz. – Purple
- Pattern (download button below)
- *Use Pre-cut Foam Shape as an Alternative:
- Foam Heart, 5" – Red (1)
- Foam Hearts, Sticky-back, 1½" – Red (4)
- Foam Hearts, Sticky-back, 2" – Red (2)
- Foam Heart, 1¾" – White (1)
Cut red foam sheet to 8"x10½".
Print and cut out patterns (download below). Use the large heart pattern to trace and cut a 5" heart out of the red foam sheet. OPTIONAL: Purchase a pre-cut foam heart to use instead.
Glue one large wiggle eye to the face, as shown.
Cut two purple chenille stems approximately 4-5" long for the legs and two 3-4" for the arms. Bend to shape the arms and legs.
Attach arms and legs to the back of the heart using hot glue (under adult supervision).
Cut eight 1" hearts (use pattern) out of red foam to use for the hands and feet. Sandwich the end of each pipe cleaner “arm” and “leg” between two of the hearts and glue together with hot glue. OPTIONAL: Use foam hearts with peel and stick backs instead of gluing them together.
Cut a bow shape (use pattern) out of silver glitter foam and adhere to front side of face near the bottom of the heart to make a bow tie. Glue a large gem in the center of the bow tie.
Use the pattern to cut a 1½" heart out of white foam. Write your message (for this we used “I’ve got eyes for you”) and glue to a hand.
Cut and adhere a 4" heart or smaller sized red foam heart to the back side to cover the ends of the pipe cleaners and to add stability to the figure.
Using purple glitter glue, draw eyelashes around the wiggle eye, draw a smile, and outline the hands and feet.