Bright Star Christmas Cookies
- Wilton® Roll-Out Cookie Recipe
- Wilton® 12 in. Rolling Pin
- Wilton® 4-Pc. Grippy Cutter Set (star shape used)
- Wilton® Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Wilton® 10 in. x 16 in. Rectangle Cooling Grid
- Wilton® Royal Icing Mix
- Wilton® 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton® Christmas Red Icing Color
- Wilton® Leaf Green Icing Color*
- Wilton® Kelly Green Icing Color*
- Wilton® Piping Gel
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 3
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 2
- Wilton® Holiday Nonpareils
- Wilton® Green Colored Sugars
Prepare cookie dough according to recipe and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut using star cookie cutter from set. Bake and cool completely.
Prepare royal icing according to recipe. Directions for both thinned and full-strength icing can be found on the back of the box. Tint portions red and green*; reserve some white.
To make star cookies: Use tip 3 and full-strength red icing to outline cookie. Use tip 2 and thinned red icing to fill in cookie. Let dry overnight.
Use tip 2 and piping gel to pipe in a smaller star in center of cookie. Cover piping gel with holiday nonpareils. Let dry.
To make stripe cookies: Use tip 3 and full-strength white icing to outline cookie. Use tip 2 and thinned white icing to fill in cookie. Let dry overnight. Use tip 2 and thinned green and red icing to pipe lines on cookie. Use tip 2 and full-strength green icing to pipe dot in center of cookie and cover with green sugar. Let dry.
*Combine Leaf Green and Kelly Green for green shown.