Burlap & Lace Wreath
Use any kind of color scheme to personalize your own wreath!
Designed by: Kelsey McLean
- Ashland™ Wreath Frame, 18"
- Ashland™ Burlap Roll, 5"x10 Yds
- Celebrate It™ Occasions™ Lace Ribbon, 4" – White Rose
- Celebrate It® Satin Ribbon, 4" – Sage
- Floral Wire, 22ga – Green
- ArtMinds™ Wood Letter, 8"
- Recollections™ Scrapbook Paper, 12"x12" – Pink Roses
- Ashland™ Fall Butterflies
- Ashland™ Floral Essentials Spray – Peony
- Mod Podge® Gloss
- ArtMinds™ Foam Brush, 1"
- ArtMinds™ Low Heat Glue Gun, Mini
- Surebonder® Glue Stick, Mini
To add the scrapbook paper to your wood letter, trace the letter onto the scrapbook paper and cut out.
Brush Mod Podge® directly onto wood letter, attach paper and add another coat of Mod Podge® to seal paper to the wood. Set aside to dry completely.
Gather end of burlap still on the roll and another section approximately 4"-6" from end. Pull gathered sections together and tie onto wreath form. For a more full wreath, begin with the inside ring of the wire wreath.
Gather another section approximately 4"-6" from the last and tie onto wire wreath form.
Continue this until the inside ring is covered and then repeat for the outside ring.
Tie end of lace ribbon with a floral wire to the outside ring at the spot where the bow will be.
Loop lace ribbon within the burlap on the outside ring as shown. Use floral wires to secure.
Make a shoestring bow with satin ribbon and secure center with a floral wire. Tie onto wire wreath with the floral wire. Tuck or trim excess floral wires and / or ribbon.
Using the hot glue gun, attach flowers and embellishments to the wreath above and around the bow as desired.
Add the wood letter by attaching one end of wire to the back of the letter using hot glue and then wrapping the loose end of wire around the wreath form. Repeat until you feel the letter is securely attached to your wreath.