Bustling Winter Village
- Wilton Gingerbread Mini Village Kit
- Wilton Christmas Candy Making Mega Kit
- Wilton Christmas Tree Pretzel Mold
- Wilton 6-Pc. Christmas Mini Cookie Cutters Set
- Wilton 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Wilton 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Wilton Tips- No. 1, 2, 3, 5 and 8
- Wilton Icing Colors- Red-Red, Christmas Red, Lemon Yellow, Golden Yellow, Black, Royal Blue, Violet, Rose, Orange and Copper
- Wilton Candy Melts®- Yellow, Light Cocoa, Red, White and Green
- Wilton Meringue Powder
- Wilton Disposable Decorating Bags
- Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Royal Icing Recipe
- Roll Out Cookie Dough Recipe
- Wilton Rolling Pin
- Wilton FoodWriter™ Edible Color Markers (Black)
- Wilton 18 in. Cake Circles
- Wilton Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Wilton Mini Gingerbread Boy Icing Decorations
- Waxed paper
- Pretzel rods
Assemble and decorate gingerbread mini village according to kit directions and set aside.
Use Christmas Tree Pretzel Mold to mold 7 candy trees without pretzels according to package directions. Set aside.
Use Christmas Candy Making Mega Kit directions to make snowman included in kit. Set aside.
To make skaters, tint cookie dough copper. Roll out dough and use gingerbread boy cutter from set to cut out 6 cookies (four will be skaters and two will be cut in half used as easels to hold up skaters). On two cookies, trim heads off and cut in half vertically for easels. Bake and cool all cookies. Use tip 3 and royal icing to pipe jackets, skates and gloves (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Draw eyes and mouth with FoodWriter; position cookies on waxed paper. Use tip 8 and royal icing to pipe hats with tip 2 “fur” trims. Pipe tip 2 royal icing buttons on jackets. Pipe tip 3 royal icing scarves with tip 1 fringe. Pipe tip 1 royal icing blades on skates and let dry. When completely dry, attach easels to backs of skaters with tip 8 and royal icing; let set.
Bake and cool 1-layer 6 in. and 12 in. Round Cakes. Ice sides of cakes smooth with light blue buttercream and tops with white buttercream. Position 12 in. cake on foil-covered board and position 6 in. cake off centered and on top of 12 in. cake toward back. Pipe tip 8 icicles down sides of cake from top borders.
Spatula ice cake board with royal icing leaving a plain silver foil area for skating pond. Position village houses, trees, snowman, skaters and mini gingerbread boy icing decorations; attaching all with royal icing.
TipsRefer to photo to complete project.
Follow manufacturer's directions for all products used.