Butterfly Collage Canvas
Think how proud you will be when people ask where you got this beautiful butterfly canvas collage and you reply "I made it!"
- ArtMinds™ Gems – Amber
- ArtMinds™ Glitter, Extra Fine – Chocolate Diamond
- ArtMinds™ Glitter Liners – Gold/Red/Brown
- Recollections™ Scrapbook Paper, 12"x12" – Keys, Butterfly/Moths, Ivory Handmade and Toile
- Making Memories® Scrapbook Colors Paint – Shopping Bag and Espresso
- Plaid® Mod Podge® Matte
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
- Adirondack™ Raised Felt Dye Ink Pad – Cabin Fever
- Ashland™ Raffia
- Canvas, 12"x12"
- Paper Towels
- Markers, Colored Pencils and/or Crayons
Step 1 Cut out a few moths from the butterfly/moth paper.
Step 2 Cut out the flower pieces and leaves from template.
Step 3 Glitter the small and large flower with Chocolate Diamond glitter.
Step 4 Glue layers together.
Step 5 Tear other paper into pieces letting white edges show and tearing around images.
Step 6 Brush Mod Podge® onto backs of torn paper pieces and place pieces on canvas, overlapping them so canvas doesn’t show.
Step 7 Cover canvas completely, including sides.
Step 8 Cover entire canvas with Mod Podge®.
Step 9 Create a wash using 1:1 ratio of water to paint (Shopping Bag color). Brush on sparingly and wipe off with paper towel.
Step 10 Cut out butterfly template and color in. Apply to canvas by brushing back with Mod Podge®.
Step 11 Apply flower, leaves, strip of paper, moths, raffia and gems.
Step 12 Outline butterfly and medium flower and leaves with gold glitter liner.
Step 13 Fill moth and keys with gold glitter liners.
Step 14 Color in body of butterfly and small moth with brown glitter liner and dot.
Step 15 Use ink pads and paintbrush to add shadows and contrast.
Step 16 Create a band of Chocolate Diamond glitter on sides.