Decoupage your journal with Martha Stewart Crafts® Paper Cut-outs. There are beautiful floral and butterfly cut-outs to choose from!
Designed by Chris Williams.
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Paper Cut-outs – Butterflies and Ferns
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Matte Decoupage Finish
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Brushes
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Acrylic Craft Paint, Satin – Wild Blueberry and Mace
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Stencil Tape
- Paper Journals – Assorted
- Scissors (or Craft Knife)
- Paper Towels
Prepare paper journal by painting bands of color, using stencil tape to create straight line in Wild Blueberry and Mace. Allow to dry.
Remove paper cut-outs from sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
Using the Martha Stewart Crafts® decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Matte Decoupage Finish to the surface.
Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the back side of the paper cut-out.
Apply the decoupage paper to the surface. Press and smooth from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove air pockets and excess decoupage finish.
Continue adding paper cut-outs to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
Once in place and smooth, allow to dry two hours.
When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry for two hours.
Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry two hours.
Air dry project for 21 days to cure.