- Ribbon of Choice
- Blunt Scissors
- Foam Shapes - Butterflies
- Glitter Glue - Silver
- Acrylic Jewels
- Aleene's "Tacky" Glue®
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem
- Glitter Glue - Majestic Blue
- Glitter Glue - Red
- Fine Motor
- Cut eight 30-inch lengths of ribbon (for longer or shorter streamers, adjust lengths accordingly). Attach ribbon lengths to the lantern, evenly spaced, starting from the top edge to the bottom edge, using glue. The remaining ribbon will hang beneath the lantern for streamers.
- Decorate the butterflies with Glitter Glue and sequins. Let dry.
- Cut lengths of chenille stems for antennae, glue to the butterflies and shape as shown. Glue jewels to the antennae.
- Glue butterflies to the streamers.
For a more rewarding crafting experience with your child, you may wish to complete the craft steps over more than one session, especially when drying time is required, or the child appears to be losing interest.
Adult supervision is required at all times.
The supply list and instructions listed are to create the sample project as shown. Encourage kids to be creative, selecting their own choice of colors and designs.
The lantern is for decorative use only, do not use a flame around the lantern.