DecoArt® By the Dozen Happy Santa Ornament
Ho, Ho, Ho! Santa has arrived to decorate your tree, a package or handmade card! Make several of these cute little Santas to spread the Christmas cheer!
Designed by Julie Gayle courtesy of the DecoArt® Design Team.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – Santa Red, Snow (Titanium) White and Lamp (Ebony) Black and Flesh Tone
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics® – Splendid Gold
- DecoArt® Craft Twinkles® Glitter Paint – Crystal
- DecoArt® Snow-Tex™
- Woodsies™ Shapes – XL Circle (1), XXL Circles (2), Large Heart (1), Medium Hearts (2), Small Hearts (2), Medium Rectangles (4), Small Circle (1), Small Teardrops (2), Small Ovals (4), Small Square (1) and Mini Craft Stick (1)
- Paintbrush – ½" Flat Brush
- Emery Board
- Water Container
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towel
- Powder Blush – Pink
- Clothespins, Mini (2) (Optional)
- Cord – Gold (Optional)
Refer to photo, then paint the wood pieces as shown.
Paint a small black square at the center of the gold square for Santa's buckle.
After paint has dried on the face, rub a little pink powder blush onto Santa’s face for cheeks. Mix a little Santa Red and Snow White paint together to create “pink” then paint the small circle for the nose.
Refer to the photograph when assembling. Glue the four rectangles to the back of one XXL circle.
Glue the second circle on top.
Glue one small oval at each end of the rectangles.
Glue the large heart at the top of the circle and the mini craft stick across the center. Glue the small square on top.
Glue the small circle nose to the head and a small teardrop on each side for the “mustache”. Glue the head between the front and back body circles.
The top of the heart will overlap the mustache a little. Use the end of a paint brush handle to make Ebony Black dots for eyes.
Let dry, then use a toothpick dipped in Snow White paint to add a small dot to each eye and the cheeks
Glue a small heart at the end of each upper rectangle for mittens, and a medium rectangle at the end of each lower rectangle for boots.
Cover the small white ovals, teardrops and heart with Snow-Tex™. Use a toothpick to place a little Snow-Tex™ on the head for a tuft of hair and eyebrows
Option: If you would this to be a hanging ornament, attach the ends of a piece of cord to each hand with a mini clothespin.