DecoArt® By the Dozen Starry Angel
Paint this angel to use as an ornament, or to fly over a potpourri filled pot!
Designed by Julie Gayle courtesy of the DecoArt® Design Team.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – Snow (Titanium) White, Lamp (Ebony) Black, French Vanilla, Flesh Tone, Light Cinnamon and Coral Blush
- DecoArt® Craft Twinkles® Glitter Paint – Crystal
- Dazzling Metallics® – Splendid Gold
- Woodsies™ Shapes – XL Hearts (2), XXL Teardrops (2), Medium Teardrops (2), Small Teardrops (Pigtails) (2), Large Circle (1), Small Circles (2), Medium Oval (1), Small Ovals (2), Small Stars (2), Medium Stars (2) and 2 Large Stars (2)
- Permanent Marker, Extra Fine – Black
- Paintbrush – ½" Flat Brush
- Emery Board
- Water Container
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towel
- Cord, Lightweight (20") – Gold
- Flowerpot, Small (Optional)
- Floral Foam (Optional)
- Potpourri (Optional)
- Craft Stick, Skinny (Optional)
Paint the wood pieces as shown in the photo with the large circle, 2 small circles and 2 small teardrops painted Flesh Tone, the medium oval painted Splendid Gold, and two small teardrops painted French Vanilla. Paint two hearts, two medium and one extra large teardrop white. Paint two small stars French Vanilla. Re-paint the white pieces and French Vanilla stars with Crystal Craft Twinkles®.
Paint the hair French Vanilla on the large circle (head). To create the highlighted look, load a small, round brush with the French Vanilla paint then dip the tip of the brush into Light Cinnamon. Paint these color blended strokes over the French Vanilla paint on the head (hair) and the small teardrops (pigtails).
Using the end of a paint brush handle make a Coral Blush dots on each cheek and two Ebony Black dots for eyes. Let dry. Use a toothpick to make small white dots on the eyes and cheeks. Draw the mouth with the black marker.
Glue the large circle to the top of one of the XXL Teardrops for the “head”, then glue the two hearts behind the teardrop for “wings”.
Glue one large teardrop to the front of the “body” and one behind for “arms” then glue two small teardrops to the base of the large teardrop for “feet”.
Glue the gold oval behind the head and the two small teardrops at either side of the head for “pigtails”. Glue a small circle at the end of each arm.
Cut the gold cord into 4", 6" and 10" length. Glue the end of the short cord onto the back of a small star then place the second star on top. Add the remaining medium and large stars to the ends of cord in the same manner. Knot the ends of the cord together then glue behind the hand.
Glue the end of an ornament hook between the head and wing to make a hanging ornament.
Optional: Paint a small flowerpot Splendid Gold. Fill pot with foam. Glue the angel to a skinny craft stick. When dry, insert angel in foam. Add potpourri to top of pot.