By the Sea Picture Frame
Frame a warm vacation moment to remember forever.
Designed by Julie Lewis, Plaid’s Creative Team
- Plaid® FolkArt® Acrylic Paint:
Silver Sterling Metallic
- Plaid® Paper Stencil: 5-inch Collegiate
- Plaid® Simply® Stencil Value Pack: Ocean Life
- Stencil Brushes: ¼-inch, ½-inch
- Flat Brushes: ½-inch, 1-inch
- #1 Liner Brush
- 12-inch x 12-inch Wooden Picture Frame
- White Candle or Wax Stick
- Coarse Sandpaper
- White Finger Starfish
- Transfer Paper (optional for black lettering)
Basecoat frame with Country Twill. When dry, rub candle or wax stick randomly over front. Paint over with Wicker White.
When dry, sand surface lightly and in spots to create weathered look. Sand edges as well.
Tape stripes 1/8-inch wide, 1-inch apart and lightly stencil with Dove Gray.
Lay wave cut edge element from value pack at bottom of frame as shown and lightly stencil with Sky Blue.
Stencil collegiate letters with Vintage Orange, Coastal Blue and Soft Apple.
Use pattern and transfer paper to transfer text to frame (or free hand draw). Use liner brush to paint with Medium Gray.
Paint edges of frame and inside edge of picture opening with Silver Sterling.
Glue starfish to frame as shown.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Sand lightly and randomly to create an authentic weathered wood finish.