By the Sea Tote
Keep beach towels handy with a fun, splashy bin.
Designed by Julie Lewis, Plaid’s Creative Team
- Plaid® FolkArt® Acrylic Paint:
- Plaid® Simply® Stencil Value Pack: Ocean Life
- Stencil Brushes: ¼-inch, ½-inch
- Flat Brushes: ½-inch, 1-inch
- Wood Crate with handles - approximately 7¼-inch x 12-inch x 11-inch
- White Candle or Wax Stick
- Coarse Sandpaper
- Thick Jute: approximately 36-inch lengths (2)
Basecoat outside of bin with Real Brown. When dry, rub candle or wax stick randomly over surface.
Measure and tape off stripes starting from top to bottom in the following colors and sizes: 3/8-inch Cayman Blue, 2 1/8-inch Bayberry, 1-inch Sky Blue, ¼-inch Vintage Orange, 7/8-inch Sky Blue, ¼-inch Soft Apple, 1-inch Lime Yellow and remaining stripe Coastal Blue.
Sand surface lightly and in random spots to create weathered look.
Referring to photo for color and placement, stencil elements from value pack on stripes as shown.
Paint interior Tangerine.
Wrap and glue jute rope around top edge of each handle.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Paint a personalized tote for every family member.