CD Case Frame for Dad
- Crayola® Colored Pencils
- Crayola® Blunt Tip Scissors
- Crayola® Glue Stick
- 3M® Scotch Tape
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem
- Assorted Beads of Choice
- Plastic CD Case
- Crayola® Color Surge™ Paper
- Crayola® Color Surge™ Markers
- Crayola® Window Markers
- Fine Motor
Remove the paper jackets and extra panels from the CD case. Ask an adult to help you carefully detach the two sides of the case.
Use a colored pencil to trace each panel of the CD case onto Color Surge paper to make two backgrounds for your photos. Design each background with Color Surge Markers.
Trim photos to fit on each background and adhere in place with the glue stick.
Slide papers into the case slots. Add small pieces of tape to secure in place.
Use Window Markers to write a Father's Day message and add a fun border to the front of each frame panel. Note: the message can be wiped off with a damp paper towel and replaced with a new message as often as you like!
Re-attach the case sides together. Stand the frame on a desk, bed table, or shelf to surprise Dad.
- If the CD case has small holes at one end where the snap-in CD panel is attached, you can create a frame that hangs. Arrange photos on backgrounds so they present vertically instead of horizontally. Push the end of a chenille stem through one hole in the CD case. Twist the end around the CD case and string on a few beads. Push the other end of the chenille stem through the other hole and twist to make a hanger for your frame.
Adult supervision is required at all times.