Calypso Beat Necklace
Feel Calypso's beat in this vibrant necklace.
Designed by Erin Prais-Hintz.
- Faceted Oval Crystals, 35x22mm (3)
- Pave Rhinestone Button Sliders – Ombre Blue (4)
- Glass Faceted Rondelle Mix – Aqua (12)
- Iris Glass Faceted Bicones, 4mm – Green (12)
- Iris Glass Faceted Rondelles, 3mm – Sapphire (12)
- Step Faceted Twist Mix Rondelles, 4mm – Green (12)
- Ball Head Pins – Silver-plated (48)
- Ribbon, 3/8" – Teal, Lime and Navy(12" Each)
- Beadalon® 19-strand Beading Wire (9")
- Fold-over Ribbon Crimps with Loop (4)
- Crimp Tubes (2)
- Lobster Claw Clasp – Silver-plated
- Jump Rings, 6mm – Silver-plated (2)
- Jump Rings, 5mm – Silver-plated (18) (Optional)
- G-S Hypo Cement
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Crimping Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Bead Stoppers
Step 1 Using all the crystals, make wrapped loop dangles. Divide them into six groups of eight dangles, two of each color.
Step 2 Cut the ribbon into two 6" lengths. Dot the fold-over crimp with the G-S Hypo Cement and add the ribbon ends. Crimp the sides with a flat nose pliers. Repeat with the other end of the ribbon. Attach a 6mm jump ring to one end.
Step 3 Repeat Step 2 for the other ribbons. Attach a lobster claw clasp to the jump ring.
Step 4 On your beading wire, string the following: one pave slider (tip: since there are two holes, pass the wire through one hole and then to the opposite diagonal hole to ensure that the slider will not flip), eight crystal dangles. Repeat two more times. Finish with the last pave slider.
Step 5 Crimp the end of the wire to the loop on the ribbon end. Repeat for the other side.
Step 6 Make an overhand knot on each ribbon to cover the fold-over crimp.
Step 7 Open a 5mm jump ring and attach it just above the pave slider. Open two more 5mm jump rings and pass them through the first jump ring making a little nest of joined rings. Repeat two more times for a total of nine jump rings.
Step 8 Repeat Step 7 on the other side.