Wilton® Caterpillar Cupcakes
- Wilton Icing Colors (Golden Yellow, Leaf Green, Rose, Orange)
- Wilton Colored Sugar (Orange, Light Green, Blue, Pink, Yellow)
- Buttercream Icing
- Your Favorite Cupcake Recipe
- Black Shoestring Licorice
- Candy-Coated Chocolates
- Spice Drops or Gum Drops
- White Gumballs
- Standard Muffin Pan
- Cooling Grid
- Standard White Baking Cups
Each cupcake serves 1.
Bake and cool cupcakes in White Standard Baking Cups and cool completely on Cooling Grid.
Prepare Buttercream Icing recipe. Tint icing yellow, green, blue, orange and light rose. Using yellow/green/blue/orange or light rose, ice cupcakes smooth with spatula and sprinkle with corresponding colored sugars.
Cut licorice into 3 in. lengths. Insert spice drops into licorice to make feet and antennae. Insert pieces into cupcakes.
To decorate head, position white gumball for whites of eyes and attach candy-coated chocolates with icing for pupils. Position candy-coated chocolate for nose and licorice mouth.
Arrange cupcakes to shape caterpillar.