Cheerleader Single Mum in Purple & White
- To make 12 Points:
- 1½-inch purple ribbon, 2 yards cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1-inch white ribbon, 2 yards cut into 4-inch pieces
- Purple/white 6½-inch x 15-layer Mum, 1
- Backing Circle for Single Mums, 3
- 6-inch piece of 1½-inch white Ribbon (Mum Hanger)
- For Basic Double Backing Streamers:
- Ribbon, White, 1½-inch wide, 16 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces, 8
- Ribbon, Purple, 1½-inch wide, 16 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces, 8
- For Streamers and Garlands:
- Ribbon, Wide Mesh, Silver, 1 yard
- Ribbon, Wide Mesh, Purple, 1 yard
- Ribbon, 1½-inch Metallic Silver, 3 yards, Cut one 1-yard piece, Cut 6-inch pieces, 12
- Garlands, Assorted Silver, 4-6
- Streamers, Assorted Purple and white - printed, textured, different widths, Approximately 6
- Streamers, Several Clear - printed in either Silver or White, Approximately 6
- Military Braid, Purple and White, 1
- Diamond Back Chain, Purple and White, 2
- Pegable Glitter Letters (to spell out names), Silver
- Pegable Homecoming’ Glitter Letters, Purple
- Ribbon, Metallic, Silver, 4 yards, 1 yard cut separate, 3 yards cut into 6-inch pieces, 15
- For Top of Flower:
- White Bear, 1 Small
- Felt, Purple, 9-inch x 12-inch, 1
- Felt, White, 9-inch x 12-inch, 1
- Footballs, Purple/White, 2
- ’Go Team’ Megaphone Charm, Purple, 1
- Wire Garland, Silver Star
- Feather Boa, Purple, 1
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
Make about 12 points:
Layer purple 1½-inch ribbon with pieces with 1-inch white ribbon pieces down center of each. Staple each point twice to secure and staple to cardboard backing circle, spacing evenly around the backer.
Prepare flowers and attach to the backing piece with the points.
Make another backing piece with basic double backing streamers in purple and white:
Take 1 piece of each color of the 2-yard ribbons. Lay one on top of the other and fold in half so that the right side of the ribbon still shows on both sides (the top will make a point). Then staple the point onto another cardboard backing circle in 2 rows of 4 double streamers, overlapping slightly.
Add the following with staples or hot glue:
Wide Silver Mesh Ribbon
Wide Purple Mesh Ribbon
Assorted Silver Garlands
Assorted Purple and White Streamers
Purple and White Military Braid
Purple and White Diamondback Chain
To make Loop Ribbon:
Take the 6-inch pieces of silver metallic ribbon and staple the ends of each piece together to create a loop. Then, staple the loops on to the 1-yard piece of silver metallic ribbon, starting from the bottom.
Overlap the loops slightly until you reach the top. Keep in mind the number of loops you will need, depending on what you decide to spell out. Attach to the center of the ribbon backer.
To make cheerleader outfit:
Use the patterns to trace and cut out one purple vest, one white, and one purple skirt.
Use hot glue glue to attach the waist of the purple skirt to the white skirt. Hot glue finished skirt and vest onto bear.
Hot glue on top of flower as shown:
Small White Bear
Purple “Go Team” Megaphone Charm
Purple Feather Boa
Make a white hanger loop with a 6-inch piece of 1½-inch white ribbon. Staple it well to the top of the backing circle with the streamers.
With hot glue gun, attach the backing with the streamers to the backing with the flower/points. Hot glue the 3rd backing circle to the back of that to finish.