- Canvas Kid's Apron - Natural
- Tracing Paper
- Marvy® Fabric Markers - 6 Primary Colors
- Aleene's Ok To Wash-It®
- Ribbon of Choice
- Blunt Scissors
- Recycled Newspaper (to protect work surface)
- Fine Motor
- Use tracing paper to transfer the pattern (see pattern link) to the front of the apron. Or for a more creative approach, have the child free-hand draw their own design using a black marker.
- Use a black marker to draw a dotted line pocket beneath the veggies. Use colored markers to color in the veggies.
- Use the red marker to make draw stripes along the seam binding of the apron. Write "chef" with red marker.
- Cut a strip of ribbon to fit along the top edge of the pocket and glue in place.
For a more rewarding crafting experience with your child, you may wish to complete the craft steps over more than one session, especially when drying time is required, or the child appears to be losing interest.
To protect clothing, have children wear an old, oversized t-shirt when using the markers.