Clay Heart Necklace
- Ribbon of Choice
- Craft Smart™ Clay
- Oven (for adult use only)
- Plastic Knife
- Creatology™ Pony Beads
- Fine Motor
- Condition the clay by kneading it in your hand. Roll out the pink rose to about 1/8" thickness.
- Use the plastic knife to cut our heart, smoothing the edges with your finger.
- Condition the lavender clay and roll out into 1/8" thickness and cut second heart. Notice it is just about 1/4" smaller than the pink heart.
- Place lavender heart on top of pink heart.
- Condition small amount of black clay. Roll out to about 1/4" thickness. Cut 1/8" strip of clay and wrap around the lavender heart as shown.
- Use strip to make the peace sign and place on heart as shown.
- Use toothpick to make two small holes at top sides of heart for hanging.
- ADULT: Follow directions on the package and bake in toaster oven or oven for the length indicated. Let cool. Oven should only be used by an adult.
- Cut 18" piece of ribbon. Thread one end through hole at side of heart, tie knot. Tie knot 2" from first know, slip on pony bead and tie another knot next to bead.
- Continue knotting and adding beads to desired length, ending by tying ribbon to second hole in heart.