Clay Pot Clown
Clay pots arent just for plants they make really cute characters like this colorful clown, too!
Designed by Shelley Minnis
- Clay Pots: 1½-inches (2)
- Dowel (see Project Tip section)
- Laras Crafts® Doll Head Knob: 1¼-inch
- Laras Crafts® Wooden Disc: 1½-inch
- Lion Brand® Fun Fur Yarn: Yellow (1 skein)
- Sharpie® Paint Oil-based Marker, Medium Nib: Yellow, Hot Pink, Purple, White, Red
- Sharpie® Oil-based Paint Marker, Fine Nib: Black
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Creatology Pom Pom: Small Pink
- Creatology Foam Glitter Sheet: Purple
- Patio Paint: Fiesta Yellow, Vintage Rose, Blue Bahama
- Bright Acrylic Paintbrush: ½-inch wide
Paint the doll head knob with Vintage Rose, the clay pots (not rims) with Fiesta Yellow, the clay pot rims with Bahama Blue and the wooden disc with Bahama Blue. Allow to dry.
Loop yellow yarn around your finger and thumb and tie off in the middle. Cut the loops and glue to the head of the clown.
Glue the pots together, rim to rim for the body. Glue the disc to the bottom of one pot. Glue the doll head knob centered on top of the disc.
Use the yellow paint marker with a dabbing motion over the Blue Bahama rims. Allow to dry.
Use the purple paint marker to add polka dots to the pots as shown.
Use the black paint marker to draw eyes on the face. Use the pink paint marker to add cheeks. Use the white paint marker for the mouth and then add the smile with the red paint marker. Let dry.
Glue the pom pom in place for the nose.
Cut a bow tie and oversized clown shoes from the purple glitter foam. Glue in place.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturers instructions for all products used.
Use a small dowel to post the head while painting so that you can allow the wooden head to dry without getting smudged.