Clay Pot Critter-Alligator
This adorable clay pot critter comes to life with DecoArt® Patio Paint!
Designed by DecoArt Design Team
- DecoArt® Patio Paint: Summer Sky Blue, Citrus Green
- 2½-inch Rose Pots (2)
- 1½-inch Styrofoam® Cone Tip
- 1½-inch Styrofoam® Balls (2)
- Foam Sheets: Green, White
- Wiggle Eyes (2)
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks (ADULT USE ONLY)
- Tracing and Transfer Paper
- Pen or Stylus
- #12 Flat Brush
- Palette or Plastic Plates
- Paper Towels
- Water Container
- 1-inch Wood Disk or similar flat object, optional (to stabilize clay pots as shown)
Note: Let paint dry between steps.
ADULT: Position and glue pots together, top to top as shown for body and mouth. Glue Styrofoam cone tip to one end of pots for tail.
Paint body with Citrus Green.
Use tip of brush handle and Summer Sky Blue to dot over body.
Press Styrofoam balls on craft surface to flatten one side. Rotate and flatten adjoining side.
ADULT: Glue a wiggle eye to one flat side of each Styrofoam ball. Position other flat side onto body and adhere.
Paint eyelids with Citrus Green.
Trace and transfer pattern for feet onto green foam and teeth onto white foam. Use scissors to cut out. ADULT: Position and adhere to body as shown.
Optional: Glue wood disk or other flat object to bottom to prevent rolling.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.