Confections Wedding Shower Invitation
These sweet embellishment designs with the look of sugary piped icing and fondant are sure to inspire sweet designs for your invitations, cards and gift packages. Combined with beautiful border punches, they will help you create the perfect project for any occasion.
Designed by Carol Snyder, courtesy of EK Success®.
- Jolee’s Boutique® Dimensional Border Stickers – Green and Red Vine Icing and Piped Icing
- Jolee’s Boutique® Dimensional Stickers, Large – Red Fondant Flowers
- Jolee’s Boutique® Dimensional Stickers, Mini – Red and White Icing Flowers
- EK Success® Edger Punches – Diamond Lace Edger and English Ivy Edger Punch
- EK Success® Punch, Large – Flowers & Leaves
- EK Success® Herma Dotto® Permanent Dot Adhesive – Pink
- EK Success® Zig® 2-way Glue Pen – Squeeze & Roll Tip
- EK Success® Writer, 4-Pc. Pen Set – Black, Green, Blue and Red
- EK Success® Cutterpede® Straight Edge Trimmer – Pink
- EK Success® Cutterpede® Score Blade Shuttle
- EK Success® Honey Bee™ Scissors
- Cardstock – Brick Red, White and Spring Green
- Gift Boxes, Various Sizes – White
Cut a white 5"x12" cardstock rectangle using the Cutterpede® straight edge trimmer. Remove straight cut shuttle from acrylic arm.
Add the scoring blade onto the Cutterpede® trimmer acrylic arm. Insert paper horizontally, aligning with paper stop at the top of the Cutterpede®. Score at 1-7/8". Fold on score line.
Punch the short white folded edge using the Diamond Lace Edger Punch. Create first punch in the center of the short white edge, so that the design will be centered. Use alignment guides on base of the edger punch to punch remaining short white edge.
Cut a red 5"x1½" cardstock rectangle using the Cutterpede® straight edge trimmer. Punch the red 5" edge using the Diamond Lace Edger Punch. Again, create first punch in the center of the 5" edge, so that the design will be centered.
Apply Dotto® adhesive to the back side of the white punched edge. Position the red punched rectangle so that it shows ¼ inch below the white.
Cut a red 4-7/8"x9½" cardstock rectangle. Apply Herma Dotto® adhesive to the back side of the red rectangle and adhere to the white base of the invitation. Make sure to allow the white edges to show as a mat around the red rectangle.
Cut a white 4-5/8"x7½" cardstock rectangle. This will be the surface for the details of your invitation.
Use a black Writer to inscribe the details on your invitation. Use the large bullet end of the Writer to highlight important elements, like names. Tip: you can use a light table with a lined piece of paper under the cardstock to help keep your writing lines straight.
Glue down the punched red/white flap using Herma Dotto® adhesive.
Cut a green ¼"x5" cardstock strip. Apply Herma Dotto® adhesive to the back side of the green strip and position horizontally in the middle of the white punched flap.
Punch a green leaf using the Flowers & Leaves large punch. Score down the middle of the leaf and fold slightly. This will provide dimension to your leaf.
Punch green filigree using the English Ivy Edger Punch. Glue the green filigree pieces that were punched out down the left side of the invitation using 2-way Glue. Position red fondant flowers along the top and sides of the invitation as shown.
Cut green and red vine icing border and white piped icing border to size using Honey Bee™ scissors. Note: the Honey Bee™ scissors are Teflon-coated so that stickers and adhesive will release from the blades easily. Position icing borders onto the cardstock and enjoy your sweet handmade invitation.
Decorate coordinating gift boxes with fondant flowers and piped border embellishments.