Count Dracula Treat Pot
Turn plain clay pots into an adorable Halloween treat holder in a few fun steps.
- DecoArt® Patio Paint: Cloud White, Daisy Cream, Wrought Iron Black, Citrus Green, Petunia Purple, Holly Berry Red
- 2½-inch Terra-Cotta Rose Pots ((2 for legs)
- 6-inch Standard Terra-Cotta Pot
- 6-inch Styrofoam® Ball (for head)
- Purple Foam Sheet (for bowtie)
- Black Foam Sheet (for feet)
- Red Cabochon, Button or Gem (for bowtie knot)
- Model Magic®: White (for hands)
- Black Bandanna (for cape)
- Paintbrushes: ¾-inch flat, #6 Flat, #0 Liner
- Foam Brush (1 per paint color)
- Low Temperature Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Black Permanent Marker
- Paint Palette or Plastic Plate
- Container of Water
Use foam brushes to paint pot base Holly Berry Red, pot rim Citrus Green, and rose pots Wrought Iron Black.
Use marker to draw peaked hairline and sideburns on Styrofoam® ball. Paint hair area Wrought Iron Black and face Cloud White.
When paint is dry, use marker to draw face. Paint eyelids Daisy Cream, irises Holly Berry Red, pupils Wrought Iron Black, nose Petunia Purple.
Use liner and Black to outline eyes, nose, and teeth and to paint mouth. Use liner and Cloud White to stripe “pants” and dot highlight in eyes.
Flatten Model Magic® and form hands.
Use scissors to cut out bow tie shape and feet from foam sheets.
Assembly: Position and push head onto pot. Remove and fill groove with hot glue and press back onto pot. Position and adhere legs to foam feet. Position pot body onto legs and secure with hot glue. Position and adhere hands. Center fabric at back of head to form stand-up collar. Applying one dab of hot glue at a time, gather and press fabric into glue as you work around side of head. Repeat for opposite side. Adhere bowtie and cabochon, button or gem.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Allow all paint to dry between painting steps.